Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"Kiss Me, I'm (a Tiny Bit) Irish"

The past week or so has been a blur of drunken nights with other drunken people. I know, I know, my liver will pay for it...but it's just so fun!

I travelled home Thursday afternoon, so Thursday night was spent celebrating Brooke Carminetti's birthday. We dressed up as 'ravers' which was really just a throwback to the 80's - lots of neon and bright colours. I even brought out the Union Jack boxers I got for free in Magaluf, Spain. Brooke's friends turned out in force, except they didn't take it as seriously as Brady (Brooke's boyfriend) and I did. To be honest, I enjoyed the attention, even if it just was girls trying to scam glow sticks from me.

One girl stood out though, Jenna. She's an old friend of Brooke and Haley, and also knows Tanya, Kayla et al. Now Jenna, who's also a twin, was hot. Some girls are hot but they have shitty personalities, but Jenna has one that just makes you want to keep talking to her and you just can't help but find her even more attractive.

"How did I not meet her properly earlier in my life?" I told my friend Danny as we drove into Newcastle.

"Because you're friends didn't introduce you dumb ass." Danny replied. "How did Saturday night go?"

"Well, we to Newcastle again, this time it was a joint birthday night out for Haley and Brooke," I explained.

"Oh, because Haley had one in Leeds, whereas Brooke had one in Sunderland?"

"Precisely," I nodded. "So, we went to the Mushroom, and then onto Liquid."

"Was that girl there? The one who thought you were hot?" Danny asked.

"What girl? A lot of girls think I'm hot Danny." I said, with mock arrogance. "Haley's friend Laura, yeah?"

"That's the one!"

"Yeah she was. I tried my best my friend. Looking back it was a disaster, and there is photographic evidence too. Ah, it was pretty bad. But I'm hoping since I don't really remember it, no one else will."

Then St. Patricks Day. Everyone's favourite holiday, or excuse, to drink their bodyweight in Guinness, or whatever their poison is, and not be judged for it. "Hey, I can't help that I was arrested for being drunken and disorderly...it was St. Patrick's Day." Would that even work? I somehow doubt it. However, an offer to Digital in Newcastle was accepted, even more so when I found out Jenna would be there, and there I spent my St. Patricks Day scouting for girls (while trying to not look like an ass in front of Jenna) and drinking my bodyweight in cheap beer. Cheap beer + hot girls in skimpy green outfits = a very good St. Patrick's Day. Hopefully the luck of the Irish, a part of my heritage, will kick in soon.

1 comment:

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Good luck :-)