Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"Comfort"

After my night out with Lyndsey, from which I’d found out she’d cheat on her current boyfriend with me, and realising although I’d sleep with her, and Ella (hey, I’m only male), that I felt so comfortable in moving on from Jaime that I felt I could talk to her again. I’d told myself, and her, that in order for me to move on, and get over her, as she had done for me, that I just needed for her to not be in my life. She couldn’t text me when she was drunk, nor could I do that to her. I needed to simply erase her. Looking back, it was quite a harsh move, but it worked. Now, a simple Facebook message here or there couldn’t harm...could it? Well, that Facebook message turned into an IM conversation, which turned into an “I would love to see you before you go; lets meet for coffee.” Of course, that was paraphrasing, the real IM conversation is as below.

Jaime: Hey. How are you?
Noah: Hi. I’m good. And you?
Jaime: Also good.
Noah: So what’s going on? How are things right now?
Jaime: Things are good. Just enjoying being back for four weeks.
Noah: Four weeks? Wow! I’m back to Leeds on Saturday.
Jaime: That’s sad. I was hoping to see you before you left. Maybe go for a coffee?
Noah: Well I’m pretty busy up until about Thursday. Is Thursday afternoon any good, or even Friday daytime?
Jaime: Yeah, both are good for me.
Noah: Nice one. Starbucks?
Jaime: Of course. I’ve got to go. I’ll text you about Starbucks, I won’t forget, haha. Xx
Noah: Alright, well then I’ll be seeing you soon. X
Jaime: X
Noah: -awkward pause before signing out-


Was I being a total guy and reading too much into the kisses? Maybe it was nothing, but maybe it was something. I’m just hoping it wasn’t the something.
I’ve had a couple of realisations lately. One: I’m pretty glad that I’m not in a relationship with Jaime, because if I was, God knows how many times she’d have cheated on me by now. And two: long distance relationships sometimes suck, and I wouldn’t be able to mack on totally hot chicks (who are out of my league) like I did on Saturday.

3 comments:

Frank said...

I cut out pretty much any electronic communications with my ex's, for pretty much the same reason you didn't want Jaime in your life for awhile. But at least you guys seem to have a tangible friendship of sorts. I only have 4 true ex's and I don't really talk to any of them anymore, even though I'm only avoiding 1 on purpose. The other 3...now that we're no longer dating...just don't seem interesting to me, even on a friendship level. Perhaps that's why the relationships never worked out, but that's another story.

Kitty said...

well, I'm back on my soapbox about the internet. It's a poor communication tool, and difficult to communicate emotion or intention when not obvious.

it's good you're not in a relationship with a cheater. I imagine it'd be very painful. I can't understand people who cheat. Why be in an exclusive relationship, in that case?

I had a friend who was constantly cheated on and their relationship went up and down and up and down forever. They eventually married. I lost touch with her, but I hear they've since divorced after a very brief marriage. Sad.

I'm sure you'll meet your match very soon, Noah!

Anonymous said...

You need to add a character recap. I can't catch up with all the womens in your life.

I'm going to overlook the fact you used the phrase "mack on totally hot chicks" and keep reading anyway. :)