Friday, April 04, 2008

"The 'Date' That Never Was"

‘Date day’ with Jaime came and went, and at 10.30pm that night my Blackberry buzzed.

“Hi. I’m so sorry I didn’t text you. Had one those stressful days today where you lose faith in humanity. I’m in a mood and I know I’m shit for not texting you. I really wanted to see you before you left for Leeds. Have a safe journey. Xxxx”
Needless to say, I didn’t reply. I hadn’t expected her to text so when she didn’t I got on with what tasks needed completing: laundry, packing, train tickets etc. While we’re talking about trains, a train metaphor for you: Noah’s train has left Jaime’s station (double entendre or what?) and is slowly moving further and further away. I can’t wait to reach my next station, which will hopefully not be another station marked by Jaime. Has the sun truly set on Jaime?

5 comments:

Kitty said...

How terrible? What? She couldn't just text you? How hard could that be?

I'm glad you didn't reply. Some people don't understand common courtesies until they have the same thing done to them.

You deserve much better. I hope the situation is such that you can just march forward. It's a huge world, Noah, with tons of great people in it!

Frank said...

"In a mood" sounds like a really shitty excuse to me.

One thing about the sun is that after it sets, it almost always rises again. I don't know it Jaime will reappear later, but it seems like she's fading from the picture, and it's up to you to decide where the next station will be.

(I realise I used sun and train metaphors in the same comment. Nobody said they had to make sense.)

fishwithoutbicycle said...

That's crap. Jaime needs to grow up and treat people with respect. Steer clear honey bunch!!

Cara said...

New reader of your blog. I don't know your history with Jaime but I reckon you should forgive her and give her another chance.

Humans are flawed. We make mistakes, we do stupid things, and it takes a mature person to confess and own up to their selfish deeds and apologise.


Cara

Carolyn said...

I just jumped over from Kitty's site.

Just wanted to say Hi.

Great Blog it is refreshing to hear man's side of dating and love. Keep up the good work!

Carolyn