Saturday, December 24, 2005

"A Very Bright Christmas"

'Wow! Five whole days into a new relationship'...The usual thoughts I thought to myself before sleeping. 'Maybe this could be it'...followed by the whole 'the one' thoughts.

"This goes to prove I am in fact normal, and not destined for singledom and mass loneliness in later life." I told a good friend of mine, Kayla.

"Noah, I'm so, so happy for you. You really deserve it!" She replied, sounding half surprised, but half genuine too, "So, when did you last speak?"

"Um...2 days ago." Her mouth fell open. "What?! Is that bad?"

"Well it's not exactly good."

"Oh shit...to be fair though I've been ill and quarenteened to the house." I defended myself, it was needed.

"What about text, or phone?" She said, smirking a little. It was more of a smirk of disbelief.

"Oh shit, I hope I don't fuck things up with her!" I said, taking a drink from a gingerbread latte.

In February, I was lied to by Kaci, which felt worse that cheating with her on a friend called Jason. He forgave me, and for that I'm thankful.

In May, I left my school with some good qualifications, and transfered to a new 6th Form in September.

In October, I was asked out by a girl confused with her sexuality at the time. I declined politely.

And now, now I'm with this girl, Jaime. She really is amazing. She's making my Christmas a whole lot brighter.

No comments: